Physics is probably the Science that students find most difficult because it is quantitative and relies heavily on the ability to think and clearly analyse from first principles.
CXC has concerns about inadequate:
1. Mathematical skills e.g. the use of scientific notation and solving equations
2. Plotting of graphs and determining gradients
3. Use of formulae in the right context and manipulation of them
4. Distinction between closely related concepts
5. Understanding of Electronics
6. Descriptions of experiments
7. Planning & design in School Based Assessments (SBA)
SpiSE has developed techniques which concentrate specifically on making sure that its students have no problems in these areas. With the support of the parents SpiSE persists, using repetition and coming on Sundays as necessary, until the student has turned weaknesses into strengths.
Education is a plant of slow growth
Wise parents find help early
SpiSE (Specialists in Scientific Education) Ltd. Lot 6, Ragbir Street, St. Augustine, Trinidad. (868) 663 4795. e-mail: email@example.com